Saturday, October 3, 2015

Self-Titled Self-Pity

But if you don't say you're ugly
If you don't say you're forever alone
If you don't bring up your hardships again and again
If you don't say you're the queen of sorrow
If you don't remind them of all you've been through
How you've walked through life on your own
If you don't make them pity you
And I guess I really don't
If you don't wallow in your misery
If you don't tell them that no one knows..

Nobody asks if you're okay
Nobody asks if they can pray
Nobody respects you, nobody stays
With you through the nights that you're still wide awake
Nobody cares if you haven't made your troubles known
If you don't complain and don't claim the throne
Of unrequited love and shattered reflections
They look at themselves and expect perfection
Look at me and I give them protection
I write about my sorrows but don't ask for attention
And so therefore I'm on my own
Write on a blog that I haven't made known
Because I won't call myself ugly, I won't ask for it
So in my mind I hop in the car and floor it
And everyone thinks that because I have him I'm completely fine
As though all you need in life is a guy
They say it's easy for me so I must be alright 
I'll say it now, nobody understands my life

1 comment: