Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Usually can't get out of bed
From exhaustion or not wanting to start the day
But I had to this morning
Because of the reason I was awake

I got up because the only thing
I could think of was my nightmare when lying in bed
Mixed with the fear of falling back asleep
Only to face the dream again

Jumping in the shower
Only to wash it all away
I don't wanna be here
Not with this delicate pain

I can't. I can't. It echoes in my brain.
How could my mind be so elaborately cruel?
To paint such a stabbing picture in my vivid frame?
Yelling and crying
Oh, I've never been more sure
That I must have cried throughout the night
Cried aloud from what I had endured
It was so agonizing
I can hardly believe it happened
The fact that I thought it was real..
Made it ten times worse than it had been
Take it away
Take it away
Oh darling, there's a reason I'm writing on a blog
Whose words never reach your ears
Because if you knew what I dreamt about last night
I swear, you'd be in tears

1 comment: